Monday, May 9, 2011

#51- Mothers

Dealing with me, and all the bad jokes, stubborn arguments and bad folding skills that come with it, can't be easy and therefore I applaud my friends, family and girl friend for sticking with me for this long. But the real champion has to be my mom, who had to deal with me nine months longer than anyone else on the face of this earth, and that is what, yesterday, Mother's Day, is for.

I know the saying "mothers have the toughest job in the world" is a little over used, but it's true. They have to work with the most finicky machinery in the world; people. Mothers are constantly working to make their children better, making sure they get the best out of life and turn into good people along the way which is no easy task, as people don't come with instruction manuals.

And my mother is no different. She has been with me all my life, supporting me in all that I do. And even though we have our arguments, I know she'd be there in a second if I ever called her from jail at in the morning, asking her for bail money, although I would get more than an earful later.

So I am grateful for mothers. I am grateful for the tireless job they do in raising kids and being role models at work, at home and in every other aspect of their lives. I am grateful that mothers don't retire from this job, nor do they want to. And I am grateful that there is a day on which we can honour the great things that mothers do, all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment