Monday, May 16, 2011

#53- Band Aids

Last night was my first night at a new job. Or was today technically my first day? I don't know because my brain is all jumbled up, and that's what working the night shift will do to you.

This morning, I am especially loopy because I lost some blood during my shift. I guess I'm exaggerating a little, but I did get a little cut, but it wouldn't stop bleeding. That's where the Band Aid comes in.

I patched myself up and I continued working. The Band Aid didn't just stop me from bleeding, but it also kept the dust and dirt and grime away from my cut until it was time to clock out. It's really quite amazing how useful and good for your body a tiny piece of gauze and plastic can be. 

And you know when you were little and you fell and skinned your knee, but it didn't really hurt until you saw the blood? And then after you howled and cried and sobbed? Well putting on a Band Aid back then was like watching the whole situation in reverse, because the Band Aid was like some magical healing patch, even though all it did was stop the bleeding.

So I am grateful for Band Aids. I am grateful that something so simple, so small, can have such an impact. I am grateful that Band Aids help heal you, let you get on with your day and comfort you when you're down. I am grateful for the people who make Band Aids and the people who buy them and are smart enough to have them near by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment