Wednesday, March 16, 2011

#10- Margins

At least once every class, I take complete advantage of the mini canvases that paper manufactorers so graciously provide in placing margins on regular lined paper.

I know I should be paying more attention to the lessons, but in those moments every class where the professor goes off on a wild tangent about their political views or their favourite movie or what they had for lunch, the margins give me space to remain focused. 

Doodling might not sound like a focused activity, but in my experience it is a lot better than putting your head down and snoozing off. It lets you snap back to attention when the lesson commences.

I also see margins as a place for artistic expression, a place for a happy picture to brighten your day when you go back over your notes, and if nothing else, something to keep you occupied if you're just really bored.

So I am grateful for margins on paper so I can bust out a little creativity in class and help myself stay awake in a boring lesson so I can hopefully learn better.

1 comment:

  1. I love your doodles! Especially super stickman :) And you already pay way more attention than half the class combined so I wouldn't worry about that!

    ReplyDelete