Friday, March 11, 2011

#5- Carleton Tunnels

Ottawa is one big puddle today.

The rain and wet snow over the last week has turned the city into a sloppy, goopy, dripping mess and getting around is no fun. That is until I get to school.

At my university, Carleton, most of the buildings are connected by underground tunnels. So instead of trudging through the wind and slush and water outside with the constant fear of being splashed by cars I get to walk to class in the nice, warm, comfy tunnels.

But these aren't even normal dark, dingy tunnels. They have murals all along the way. So I have some vibrant, funny paintings to look at as I venture from building to building, all the while keeping my feet dry and the rest of my body warm and toasty.

So I am grateful for these tunnels and the engineers and architechts and workers that made them and the people who took the time to show their pride for their school when they painted the murals. Tunneling has never been so fun.

1 comment:

  1. Agree! Although sometimes those murals distract me and cause me to almost run into people... Still better than being splashed though!

    ReplyDelete