Tuesday, March 8, 2011

#2- Blogging

I love that I am able to write about my thoughts, my opinions, my interests and more so easily and freely in a blog.


It isn't so much that it's free in terms of money, but that my blogs are free from political tyranny and censorship. In far too many places around the world, people are shut out for speaking their minds. Some are arrested if what they say goes against whom ever is in power. Some suffer a worse fate. An Iranian man faced the death penalty after he posted "anti-Iranian propaganda" on his blog according to CBC.


This one case definitley does not stand alone though. Blogging is an amazing new form of media that can reach people in great numbers and in so many ways and can be personalized by anyone, but just like the advancements before it, and undoubtedly the ones to come, blogging will be used to meet the goals of power hungry people who have no regard for human rights.


And so I am grateful that I am able to sit here and type about any subject under the sun. I can criticize my government, plan a peaceful protest or just talk about sports if I want to without fear. I am grateful for being able to do what I love and write and to be able to have blogging as an outlet for it. I am grateful for blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed!
    I'm also grateful for being able to read this particular blog!

    ReplyDelete