Saturday, March 26, 2011

#20- Crosswords

I am on the verge of becoming a hoarder.

As I look around my room I can see five or six Metro crosswords strewn around and I know that there are five or six more in my school bag.

These crosswords keep me company on the bus or between classes or when I'm eating. They help me to excercise my brain and think outside of the box. I usually can't figure them out completely, and I never seem to be able to let them go.

Instead of throwing them in the recycling I shove them in my bag. It sort of reminds me of all the workouts my brain has gone through and all the times crosswords have saved me from staring into the abyss in absolute boredom.

Plus, I have some good memories of filling in crosswords with my friends and sometimes they remind me of those fun times and the teamwork that went into solving the puzzle.

So I am grateful for crosswords and the people who take the time to draw them up and the people who put them in the Metro so I can test myself every day and keep from going crazy on long bus rides. I am grateful for all the fun times I have had doing crosswords with friends and the simple feeling of victory when we work together. I may be slowly morphing into a pack rat, but I think if people ever point out all the half finished crosswords in my room, I'l tell them all I can see is memories. 

1 comment:

  1. They also help you ignore your girlfriend... thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete