Thursday, March 24, 2011

#18- Glass Warming

The first few days of spring have been a little chilly in Ottawa. That is to say they have been below freezing most of the time.

The upside to that it has been sunny most of the time too and that means I have managed to stay nice and warm thanks to trusty, glass windows.

When the sun goes through the glass and into my house, or my school or where ever I am, it becomes the nice warming rays of late spring and not the cold, teasing sunshine of mid winter. 

So I can sit in a bus shelter behind the glass and feel the sun on my face while still breathing in some fresh air and pretend I am sitting on a dock somewhere.

I can also find that little patch of sun coming in through my window and onto my bed, curl up like a cat and read a good book. 

So I am grateful for the way glass warms up the rays of the sun. I am grateful for the nice hint of warmth it allows me to enjoy as I wait for the bus or read the paper in the atrium between classes. And I am grateful that the glass in this city is trying to let spring in, even if the weather isn't quite ready to do the same.  

1 comment: