Monday, March 14, 2011

#8- Playoff Races

The Toronto Maple Leafs are playing what is probably their tenth straight must win game tonight and while such repetition usually leads to drooping eyes and stifled yawns from myself, I can't get enough of the Leafs' quest for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.   

In my opinion, rarely are there a series of events more captivating than a late season push for the playoffs by my favourite team in the world.

The thrill of every goal, every come from behind win, every final second save by the Leafs is a rush that I think I may be addicted to. No wonder there's millions of fans cheering for a team that hasn't won the Stanley Cup in 44 years. They aren't crazy, they just have addictive personalities.

I am grateful for this wonderful, chest thumping, at times maddening, dash for the playoffs my Maple Leafs are making. It gives me hope, it gives me something to cheer about, it gives me pride in something and most importantly it lets me laugh at Ottawa Senators fans because they probably won't see anything resembling the playoffs for quite some time. So go for it Leafs, give it all you got, I'll be watching the whole thing and no matter what, I'll still love you even if you don't win for another 44 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment