Monday, March 21, 2011

#15- Snow in March

After a weekend full of sunshine, dry ground and green grass, the sky opened up and dumped about 5 cm of snow on the city today. It was not the best way to celebrate the first day of spring.

As I walked out of school in the afternoon and I saw huge snow flakes coming down and the ground coated in white I grumbled a bit under my breath. It just didn't seem fair that all the snow was almost done melting and now the whole process had to start all over again.

But as I was walking to the bus I looked up and saw a group of snow covered tress. Their bark had turned white, like someone had dipped the trees in icing sugar. It was a pretty amazing sight to say the least.

I had forgotten that while spring is beautiful and fresh and vibrant, snow could blanket the world in beauty as well. I forgot that where Mother Nature makes it frustrating and miserable to get around, it makes up for it by making it easier for you to smile or to stand speechless.

So I am grateful for snow in March. Even though I am going to have to contend with slush and snow and puddles for the next little bit, the sight of those trees covered in snow is what I will remember in a month's time and it will have been worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'll try to follow your example here but right now I am just very annoyed at this snow!

    ReplyDelete