Sunday, March 20, 2011

#14- Supermoon

I glanced out my window last night and was suddenly hit with a case of saying-a-really-cliched-phrase-out-loud.

It went something like this: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's, it's...SUPERMOON!

I grabbed my camera and ran outside to take a picture, but as hard as I tried, the camera would just not do the sight justice. I guess you can't capture something like that with anything other than your eyes and your mind.

So I just stood outside and marveled at the moon, closer to earth than it has been in 18 years and brighter than any genius. This phenomenon made me think about the power and beauty of nature and how amazing the view from the moon would be.

I also spent a great deal of time trying to see the man in the moon. I couldn't figure it out.

When I was walking back to my house I wished the street lights would go out so the moon could be the only thing lighting my way.

So I am grateful for the Supermoon, its brilliance, the magic it holds and how when I looked at it I knew that anyone, anywhere in the world who was looking could see the same amazing moon and it reaffirmed that none of us are all that different from eachother.  

1 comment: