Tuesday, March 15, 2011

#9- My Inaffective Blinds

Today, like almost every bright day, the sun woke me up.

The sun acts as my natural alarm clock a lot because of my poor blinds that protect me quite well from prying eyes, but totally fail at keeping sunlight out of my room.

Now at first I hated that my blinds were so porous and would ruin my Saturday morning sleep-ins. But over time I realized that every day the sun got me up, I felt happier to be awake. It was sort of like the sun was saying, "Hey Marc, look how nice it is today! Get your lazy self up and come enjoy my warmth and my light."

The sun was knocking on my door for me to be happy and productive and my shoddy blinds let the sun in. 

And who doesn't like a sunny day? Everything just seems more crisp and alive. How could I not be happy about that.

So I am grateful for my blinds, because they don't do the job they are supposed to do, but they do a job that is needed: waking me up to the world happy and raring to go.      

No comments:

Post a Comment