Monday, April 4, 2011

#29- Rainy Days

Today was the perfect day for writing the last essay of the school year. That's because today was a rainy day.

All weekend the sun was shining, the air was warm and spring taunted me through the window of my room where I sat trying to write two essays. Finally, today the sky opened up and the rain came down which helped to keep my eyes focused on my computer and not constantly drifting towards the sunlight pouring through my blinds, inducing day dreams every time.

Yes, rainy days are kind of gloomy, but I say all the better for settling down in a nice, comfortable sweater and a pair of sweat pants with tea or coffee or hot chocolate and pounding out a 2,000 word paper.

Rainy days help me to focus on tasks at hand and if I have no work to do, they are great for bonding with friends or siblings over a board game or cards.

Another important part of rainy days is the actual rain itself, but that's such a big topic I think it deserves its own post later on.

So I am grateful for rainy days and the focus it gives me. I am grateful for the cozy atmosphere it creates in my room or the library or wherever I am doing work. And I am grateful that it gives the sun the day off so that when I come back after finishing my work I can enjoy nice spring days to the fullest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment