Monday, April 18, 2011

#41- Staplers

As I stapled my last take home exam of year together I heard the satisfying sound of metal crunching on paper.

I had finally conquered the formidable foe that had stood in my way and the stapler was the last weapon I had to use.

Staplers are such handy tools. Not just for vanquishing unwanted papers, but for putting all sorts of things together. Some of my best works of art were crazily drawn pictures and horribly misspelled sentences stapled together into a book for my grade one English project.

Staples make this world a little less messy. For all the chaos and anarchy and stressful disorganization that clutters the world around us and sometimes our minds, staplers are there to firmly clasp together pieces of paper into a nice, neat stack for easy handling and reading.

So I am grateful for staplers. I am grateful for the people who make staplers and who reload them and put them out at the library at school. I am grateful that staplers are welcome last minute tools in finishing essays and projects, the final word on stressful and arduous and at times rewarding experiences. And I am grateful that staplers add a semblance of peace and organization in a world that is sometimes crazy and full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment