Wednesday, April 6, 2011

#31- Breakfast

Today my girlfriend and I went to get some breakfast at the 24-hour restaurant around the corner from her house. An hour and a big plate of bacon, eggs and home fries later, I sat in my seat, content, the greasy breakfast food blocking my head from thinking of exams and assignments  and quite possibly blocking my arteries from functioning properly as well.

It was one blissful morning today and when I did come around to remembering I had to study, hitting the books wasn't so bad, I suspect because of breakfast.

Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day, but why? Because it gets your body up and running for the rest of a busy day? Well yes, but it also helps you take a breath before you plunge into the busy world with your friends, family or the trusty sports sections. It lets you recount the night before with your pals to get ready for the day ahead. It brings your thoughts together, but more importantly it brings people together, like food often does and that is a great start to any day.

So I am grateful for breakfast and the hearty, but simple food it usually consists of. I am grateful for being able to have breakfast and for the people who make it for me when I don't. I am grateful for breakfast, the meal of champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment