Thursday, April 14, 2011

#38- Paint

I spent all day yesterday being very productive, but instead of studying for my upcoming exam I was helping to paint my girlfriend's new apartment with her and another friend.

The three of us painted all day and at the end, we rewarded ourselves by admiring our work, drinking a glass of wine and going out for a nice dinner.

The best part of the day was painting because I got to spend time with my friends and do something productive at the same time. It was the paint that brought us together and away from TV, the internet and all the other distractions that severe us from our friends and loved ones sometimes. The same thing has happened every time I have ever painted a room because I have worked together with people to complete a goal and have become closer with who ever I was painting with because of this shared experience. 

The paint helped me see where my priorities lie once again, but the other great thing was the sense of accomplishment I had at the end. The rooms had more character, they had a story and they looked really good too, which was something I could be proud of.

So I am grateful for paint and how it can be used to bring people together to achieve something. I am grateful for the people who make the paint and mix it. And I am grateful that paint can be used to make a masterpiece that moves you, whether it's a work of art from Picasso or a room in a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment