Sunday, April 24, 2011

#43- Easter

Easter has always made me feel like I can run a thousand miles. 

In years past I've attributed this feeling to the disgust ing amounts o f chocolate I ate after carefully out maneuvering my siblings in the annual Easter egg hunt.

I haven't hunted for Easter eggs in years, but that amazing feeling still exists and I don't find myself looking far to figure out why.

First of all, this is a day I spend with my loved ones every year. It's a time when I come together with my family or friends to enjoy each their company.

Easter always comes at a time when the world is being reborn. The snow has melted, the grass is becoming green, the trees are starting to sprout leaves and rivers and creeks are beginning to rush forward with new life. Easter has allowed me to stop, look around and appreciate these things and feel invigorated because of them.

Most importantly, Easter is the day that Jesus conquered death. To me, there is nothing more awesome and life asserting than that.

So I am grateful for Easter. I am grateful for what it means to me and the time I spend with my family, friends and loved ones. I am grateful that it is a time when spring shows its true self. The Easter egg hunts may be finished for me, but I always find so many things on Easter to make me smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment