Thursday, April 7, 2011

#32- Cold Medicine

For the last couple of days I have been fighting a cold while studying for exams. Mounds of Kleenex and Halls wrappers don't leave a lot of room for textbooks and binders full of notes so I decided that rather than use my sniffly nose as an excuse not to study I would invest in some cold medicine.

As I walked to my local drug store I thought about how lucky I am to be able to go purchase cold medicine just a few minutes from where I live and how I could afford it. I have a lot of options for different medicines and they are all so close and available to me. I sometimes take for granted that I can chose between Tylenol cold or Buckleys.

And when I went to bed and my throat wasn't burning and my nose wasn't giving me trouble I thought about how fortunate I am to be able to have cold medicine that allows me to feel like I'm not even sick. Cold medicine helps me get the rest I need to battle the germs I have the next day in the absence of good ol' fashioned, homemade chicken soup.

So I am grateful for cold medicine and how it is easily available to me when it might not be for others suffering the same fate as me. I am grateful that cold medicine allows me to do things normally and not have sacrafice studying or having fun or doing errands or whatever I chose to do. And I am grateful that the cold medicine is there for me, fighting on the front lines against the germs in my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment