Monday, April 25, 2011

#44- Buffets

I gathered with my family for Easter dinner at Copper Creek Golf Course last night. That place probably still doesn't know what hit them.

My family loves food and it was available in abundance last night in the form of a buffet. Let's just say there's as much to love about buffets as there are food choices at one.

Buffets always offer a wide selection of food. From sushi to lamb to salmon and chocolate fountains there is always something to please even the most picky eater, which first of all makes everyone happy and gives you an opportunity to sample a bunch of different things. 

With selection also comes adventure. The variety of food at buffets usually means there's something I haven't tried before and I love testing the limits of my taste buds. One of the most memorable meals I've ever had was in Kenya with a little buffet that offered up goat intestine as an option. I'll probably not be sampling that piece of meat again, but at least I can say I tried it. 

Another great thing about a buffet is that you can take as much or as little as you want. I'm a big fan of not wasting food, so buffets are really good for keeping the thrown out stuff to a minimum. You can try something you've never had, but you don't need to order a heaping plate of it if you don't want to. It's the best of both worlds!

So I am grateful for buffets. I am grateful that I am fortunate enough to be able to eat at buffets around the world and with some of my closest friends, loved ones and memorable people. I am grateful for the freedom buffets allow you with their choices and for the people who work to make buffets so great. If variety is the spice of life than buffets are never wanting for taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment