Friday, April 8, 2011

#33- iPhone Auto Correct

It's day three of spring study-mania, 2011 and I'm fading fast. Cabin fever has begun to set in and I'm going slightly loopy from reading thousands of highly academic words like "quasi supra state" and "concomitants". The reason I know how bad I am doing is that I am speaking to my girlfriend in strange voices, which I do on a regular basis, but instead of feeling witty and hilarious I reflect back on those moments and think, "Wow Marc, your being a little crazy." 

And that is why my discovery of a site showing hundreds of hilarious, texting screw-ups is a God sent. All the texts shown on the website are the result of the iphone's sometimes strange auto correct function that inserts crazy and inappropriate words into messages for the proper words.

Now this is at times unfortunate for the people that sent the crazy messages in the first place, but it makes me laugh very loudly. My sporatic outbursts of giggling may leave my roommates a little worried for my sanity, but for me these little joke messages created by auto correct are a way to smile on my five minute breaks, to release some tension and stress and feel happy when I hit the books again.

So I am grateful for auto correct on iphones. I am grateful for the people who had to sacrafice some dignity so that I could enjoy their screw-ups, for the people who put the web site together and for whom ever put a finicky auto correct on the iphone because you have all made me laugh, you have all put a little sunshine in my day when I am stuck indoors studying. And when it comes time for me to make a harmless, yet embarrassing and funny mistake I hope someone gets a kick out of it and that it leaves a smile on their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment