Sunday, April 17, 2011

#40- Studying

After two weeks of dull, arduous and at times painful studying for exams, I never thought I would be saying that I think studying is a pretty awesome thing.

No, being cooped up in my room for a couple of days straight hasn't made me loony, I honestly think studying is good in its own way.

When I read over my notes it's like reading a book again and again, I always find something new that I never noticed before. Be it a new fact, a new understanding or a new way to look at something, I always seem to find something amongst the piles and piles of text. In those moments I feel like I understand the world a tiny bit better, that the information I just obtained can actually be used and that I'm not as goofy as I look.

I always enjoy going over my notes and seeing the doodles I have drawn in the margins or the little notes I have left for myself in the points I have jotted down (such as "you didn't get this note because you were daydreaming, game over fool). It makes studying less of an errand or task and more of an adventure through my brain.

I also start to remember all the good times I have had in class over the semester while studying. When I read my notes it triggers memories of friendships started and nurtured, victories won and criticism digested. There's even a couple memories of some good laughs in there too.

So I am grateful for studying. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to go to school and be able to take exams and study for them. I am grateful that I am able to reinforce my knowledge of topics and issues, remember the good times I have had in class and and the good and bad I have experienced. Studying doesn't have to end with the end of exams. Whether you study math, science and english or yourself and your dreams and goals, it's always time well spent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment