Saturday, April 16, 2011

#39- Suitcases With Wheels

As I went with my girlfriend to the bus station to say bye to her before she went home for Easter, I helped her with her suitcase. I carried it with ease, with confidence, with a sturdy hand and a confident gleam in my eye. Was this because I have tremendously big muscles and her bag was as light as a feather in my arms? Well no, not so much It was more because the suitcase had wheels on it.

Who ever decided to put wheels on a suitcase was a genius because it has made my life easier countless times. Not that I over pack a lot, but when I do and my suitcase is heavy I can enjoy the sounds of wheels gliding over a marble floor instead of the sound of my back giving way under the weight.

And when I'm rushing someplace to catch my train or plane or bus the wheels come in handy. When you're running like a madman, a suitcase on wheels gives you a lot more maneurverability than a bulky duffel bag that throws off my momentum and centre of gravity so that I am a like a ball in a pinball machine, only instead of flashing lights when I hit something, I get icy glares and obscene hand gestures.

So I am grateful for suitcases with wheels. I am grateful for the people who make them and sell them. I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to use them and that they make life a lot easier as well as make navigating airports just a little easier to bear. Those suitcases with wheels make it possible to go places, a sort of vehicle on the way to new lands and new adventures and for that I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. My bag was definitely not light as a feather! Haha! P.S. Thanks for helping me out buddy :)

    ReplyDelete