Monday, April 11, 2011

#36- Wind

I was almost blown over by the wind several times as I walked to the mall to get some food today, but it was exactly what I needed.

I have been cooped up in my room for the better part of five days now studying for exams while the weather has been getting steadily warmer. My room has seemed a little like a prison and today I decided to break out, get some much needed air and clear my head.

When I left the house I was immediatley hit with a warm and blustery wind. This was great because I finally felt free from the dry and hard to read notes that seemed like they had been chaining me to my room. The wind made me feel alive and part of the real world instead of tumbling face first into textbooks.

I would like to think that the wind and I have a sort of love-hate relationship. While on runs throughout the years, the wind has been there beside me many times, either fighting against me, threatening to throw me off stride and blow my momentum or at my back pushing me forward, keeping me cool. But helping me or hindering me, the wind has always been something to keep me company during my runs which really helps me keep going.

So I am grateful for the wind. I am grateful for the sense of freedom and life it brings to me, for the warm or cool air is provides and for the comfort it gives me on runs, even if it is a fickle force. I am grateful that the wind brings change, brings rain or sun and creates energy for people. Even though I can't see the wind, it always makes its presence felt, in big and small ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment