Sunday, April 10, 2011

#35- Abstentions Convenience Store

Apparently there is no where to get food on campus on a Sunday afternoon. I discovered that none of the campus cafes or eateries were open while searching for something I could fuel up on in anticipation of another long night of stuffing my head with political science facts.

After falling to my knees and rattling the bars across the closed Tim Hortons in Residence Commons (I exaggerate, but it's what I felt like doing) I saw Abstentions, a student-run convenience store. To my study-addled brain it looked like it was glowing, like a beacon in the night.

I sprint-walked to the store, bought some chips and was able to focus for the next couple hours.

Abstentions provided for me when all other places had shut their doors in my face and when hope of quieting my rumbling stomach felt impossible. It gave me a small triumph in a bleak day full of endless notes on concepts and theories and torrential rain.

So I am grateful for Abstentions, that lovable convenience store that has provided me with many snack in the past, the most memorable being today. I am grateful for the people who run it and that it serves students so dutifully. And I am grateful that it helped give me the power to keep on studying, even if chips aren't the typical brain food.

No comments:

Post a Comment