Thursday, April 21, 2011

#42- My Bed

Last night was my first night at home in Toronto in a couple months and it was glorious.

I had the soundest sleep I've had in a long time. It's probably due to the fact that I was able to sleep in without worrying about any pesky exams or classes, but the fact that I'm lucky enough to have a really good bed probably helped a lot too.

My bed is not only for sleeping in though. It has become a multi-purpose tool for me over the years. At times it becomes a study lounge, where I heap my books and my computer around me like a little academic fort, a fort with a comfy floor to sit on and cushy head rests. 

My bed has also transformed into a movie theatre or concert venue on occasion. I sit down, get under my sheets and watch a good movie on a rainy day or just lie down, turn on some music and zone out. 

My bed also works as a park bench at times. I can sit on it, bask in the glow of the sun pouring in through my window and have a nice chat with someone over the phone or Skype.

So I am grateful for my bed. I am grateful that I am fortunate enough to have a great bed that provides me with amazing sleeps. I am grateful that my bed functions as much more than just a place to nap, but also somewhere where I catch up with friends or just cheer myself up with a good comedy on a dreary day. My bed may not be King size, but it sure feels big enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment